Monday, April 11, 2011

Internship week 14:

For this week I was in charge of the class while Sarah was out of the state. Luckily however, I did not have to worry about lecturing for the entire 4 hours, because Sarah had arranged several speakers to come in and present, this encompassed probably around 90% of class time. I was still responsible for taking attendance, handing out quizzes and the like...but really most of the work was spent in the preparation leading up to the class: by printing out worksheets, reviewing material, writing email, having meeting and lugging around boxes of field journals.
This internship has taught me many things, but I think topping the list is a new found  respect for the amount of preparation and planning required to make teaching a large class run smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment